Old April 19th 10, 03:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors,rec.radio.swap
Norm VE3CZI[_2_] Norm VE3CZI[_2_] is offline

Default WANTED: VINTAGE MOBILE HF Ham ANTENNAS

Appreciate all the replies received, direct and via the group.
I got my license in 1960 at age of 15. Everyone has a tendency to "collect"
something..my interest in mobile antennas goes away back.
Operating HF Mobile is one of the greatest thrills I know of, including QRP!
The Magic of Radio still prevails !

Now that I'm retired, I can obtain some of these antennas and compare them
with on the air evaluation..Not quite an Antenna shootout, but my own
evaluation.

Doubt that I can sell them to Newer Hams when I'm ready to dispose of them,
so will likely donate them to a local Radio Museum where the youth can see
that many mobile antennas were not Screwdriver Antennas.

73...Norm VE3CZI

"Norm VE3CZI" wrote in message
Am looking for Vintage Mobile Antennas that were used in the 1950 - 1970's
Please advise availability, price and pictures.
73...Norm VE3CZI