Old April 19th 10, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
David[_11_] David[_11_] is offline

Default Cushcraft MA5B Noise floor?

Hi all

I took down the antenna and I could not find any fault with it. I decided to
move the antenna down the bottom of my garden @ 20ft off the ground and hay
presto. Every thing is working 100%. All my hiss is gone. I can only think
that it must have been caused by some thing very near to my house.

Thanks all

I'm now a happy chappy.

73
"David" wrote in message

"Owen Duffy" wrote in message
"David" wrote in news:Wpitn.580013$DL1.346763
@newsfe25.ams2:

The one that I have used is the acetic acid cured silicone.

Then it is corrosive on aluminium. The galvanic currents created may be
causing or contributing to your noise problem.

I would be removing the stuff, difficult as it is to do, but if it is in
contact with metal, it is not suited to your application.

Owen

Ok Owen. I will remove it as soon as I get the time to bring it back down
to ground level.

Thanks