Old April 21st 10, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Paralleling Transmission Lines

On Apr 21, 12:43*pm, K7ITM wrote:
I'm puzzled, Cecil. *I wouldn't think a simple linear system like this
would be difficult for you to analyze. *(Or perhaps you do know how,
and are only testing to see if others do also.)

Nope, not a trick question. The thought occurred to me after a liter
of Merlot. It is akin to the analysis of a fan dipole except shorted
at both ends. If 30 feet is not the optimum length for the matching
section of a G5RV used on 30m, what if we paralleled the non-optimum
length section with the optimum length section? What happens then?

It appears that what happens is that we lower the resistance while
maintaining the reactance at a high level - not a good thing. File it
under " unfortunate wet dreams".
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com