Old November 26th 03, 01:11 PM
Dwight Stewart

"Dennis Kaylor" wrote:

what i dont understand is if you guys
dont like the deed restrictions you are
legally free not to sign the deed and
move to another area why should the
federal government step in and tell
some city or housing community that
the CONTRACT you knowingly
and willing signed is worthless (snip)

Dennis, either you don't live in a town like this or CC&Rs simply haven't
reached your community yet. The major industry in this town is tourism.
Because of that, any house built within the last twenty years has a CC&R
antenna restriction. Even worse, real estate agencies, hoping to cash in on
the tourist trade, have purchased most of the older properties, adding CC&Rs
antenna restrictions to those. At this point, unless one is willing to move
twenty to thirty miles outside the area, CC&Rs antenna restrictions have
become an almost inescapable fact of life. Perhaps you consider that
acceptable. However, I don't happen to think people should have to move
miles away from work, schools, or shopping, just to have an antenna. And,
indeed, many people are not going to do so - which means they will simply
have to give up radio as a hobby or recreation instead.

you guys and your wives all want the
nice classy neighborhoods and gated
communities with the fine trimmed lawns
and lexus in every driveway but you
think your special cause you want to
have an outside antenna (snip)

Obviously CC&R antenna restrictions haven't reached your community yet.
We're not just talking about gated communities or luxury properties. In this
area, these restrictions can be found on even the cheapest properties.

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/