Old April 23rd 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Paralleling Transmission Lines

On Apr 22, 8:43*pm, Owen Duffy wrote:
Cecil's question on eHam and then here specifically asked if EZNEC can
solved it, but mused that it needed information about the reflection at
(presumably a source side) ATU. Of course, the source side circuitry is
irrelevant to a steady state solution of the input impedance that we both
calculated.

It appears that you didn't understand the purpose of my original
posting. Days before, I had already run the EZNEC impedance results
but was questioning the validity of those impedance values. Tuner
settings are certainly not irrelevant when calculating system
efficiency which was my main goal. The musing was whether the results
of two different tuner settings could be superposed.

It took me less time to build and check the RFSIM99 model than it took
Cecil to write his post. It would take only a little longer in NEC.

Days before my original posting using EZNEC, I had already paralleled
a 20 foot section of ladder-line with the standard 30 foot section on
a G5RV but I had no quick and easy way of independently verifying
EZNEC's impedance results. It was only after a lot of effort that I
still had questions. Thanks for the information - if not for jumping
to false conclusions based on ignorance.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com