Old April 24th 10, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Kevin Alfred Strom Kevin Alfred Strom is offline

Default Liberty Net for Week of March 27 ? April 3

On 2010-03-30, Kevin Alfred Strom wrote:
Liberty Net for Week of March 27 ? April 3

http://3950.net/2010/03/liberty-net-...ch-27-april-3/

by Kevin Strom, WB4AIO

A WIDE range of viewpoints emerged on the Liberty Net this session,
and it?s no longer possible to classify the Net as either of the
?left? or the ?right.? Critics of the oligarchy come from far more
than one perspective.

Very interesting. I have a couple questions about nets, in general. Are
there formal FCC rules covering net operations? I notice the net
controller talking about reporting jammers to the FCC. I didn't find
any net etiquette sites on the web. Was the jammer violating a net
rule or just basic ham rules related to breaking in on established
connections? Thank you.

nb

As far as I remember, there are no special rules for nets -- but
intentional interference is against the rules. That's why WA9KJI --
one of the most egregious jammers of the Liberty Net -- lost his
license.

With my regards,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--