Old April 25th 10, 08:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default recognising interference sources and countermeasures

Well, it used to be so quiet here at my little hilltop in Greater London,
but of late it seems every form of annoying noise has come to this little
place.

We have Power line adaptors, courtesy of BT Vision
Grotty switch mose psus from China.
Plasma TVs warbling and fizzing all over the place and now a chuffing noise
very like the old Woodpecker of old has come to roost between 13 and 23 mhz.

Makes you kind of wonder what the world is coming to. We have a regulator
who has found the power line adaptors, but is stuck in the middle between
two specifications, one saying its failing, while the other says its
allowed by a special dispensation of EU law.

We have the lunatics in charge of the asylum in that manufacturers can type
approve their own products.

Blimey.

Brian

--