Old April 27th 10, 08:47 PM
13thdoctor 13thdoctor is offline
Junior Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chananya View Post
Maybe someone can help me out with something: I'm interested in becoming a radio DJ or going into radio broadcasting. I have a few disabilities that require accommodations so I have asked some people in the industry how this would affect my goal. I haven't received much response from them. Can anyone on here help with this? Please contact me if you have any info...
Thanks

PS. I am in touch with the broadcasting departments at the local colleges and with the disabilities office but I need more input.
Haveing been a Radio broadcaster in many forms for a long time and seen the birth,growth,evolution and eventual de-evolution of radio not only as a hobby but as a career I have learned that the real problem with "radio" today is the cheeky*******s that are in it for the money!

"RADIO" weather it be engineering,production,or talent Is an art and a labor of love. When invented the thing all we really wanted to do was play some music to our friends,tell them what the weather was doing where we are and in a way all be in the same place at the same time regardless of the acual distance between us.

Sure, the greedy and grossly OVERSIZED commercial interests fueled by the FCC's pressure to pay more money for every second of RF emission has all but destroyed everything that radio was sopposed to be. Turning the "dial" in to a sea of noise and pandering to pursuit of the dollar almighty to a point that now the snake is eating its tail. no more DJs just harddrive babysitters,no more fun for the listener and in most stations today forget about the thrill and excitement of "THE SHOW"! .....

Well HA HA HA HA! The story doesnt end here....Much to the contrary!

People with disabilities you ask? Well if you are hopeing to make a living in radio then the game is up, But if you willing to LIVE radio then i see no better oppertunity for a disabled individual to make a difference in the world of RADIO.

Yes you are going to have to start at the begining in a sense. Re-invent the wheel which shouldnt be to hard today since it seems that it has been forgotten that blocks dont roll.

What i suggest to you start your own station as if you invented RADIO.

NO! not pirate radio at least not in the sense of stepping on toes or troubleing the failing "industry" with formitable competition.

There is nearly unlimited radio spectrum all you have to do is find a piece that suits the need. Stay away from the comercial AM&FM bands that ship is sinking for now. In stead Set sail on your own ship even if that means you have to start with a raft.

If you want radio then you are going to have to make radio by any means nessasarry. You may have to market radios directly to your listeners that receive your frequency since its not going to the mainstream. Hmmm kinda sounds like the early days of broadcasting...

I dont want to tell you what to do after all its your radio station but i will offer this :HF,shortwave,CB radio,Part 15,(analogue of course).Stay out of HAM bands and DO NOT USE ANY FREQUENCY THAT IS BEING USED BY OTHERS find a clear channel. Courtesy is formost

Of course If you win the lottery or have a million dollars you could buy your way into mainstrean radio. But who wants to listen to that crap?

What ever you choose to do make sure you do it well and without causeing harmfull interference to any other communications or public safety. Use proper Engineering practices and keep the content clean but not sterile. Act only in the public's interest and service to the public and you will be amazed how your efforts will satisfy the thirst of radio listeners that has been unquenched for decades.

Radio is to amuse,entertain and inform both the broadcaster and listener! Not to lay golden eggs! Keep that in mind as you have now been welcomed in to the world of Radio Broadcasting

"HEY!, Whos on the air?"