Old April 27th 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brian Gregory [UK] Brian Gregory [UK] is offline

Default Radio Bulgaria QSL?

wrote in message
I would expect it to be similar to Radio Romania's DRM broadcast which
is intended for Europe. I can hear Romania in DRM here in the Midwest.
It is FM quality when it is locked in, but it drops out completely
about 10% of the time. The 25 meter analog broadcasts beamed to North
America are 100% copy with just a little fading and background noise.

I'm only just beginning to look into the possibility of getting set up to
receive DRM.

Does "FM Quality" have some special meaning with DRM?
As I understand it DRM30 isn't really capable of anything one could really
truthfully call "FM Quality", even on MF let alone HF. But maybe it's the
official name of one of the modes.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.