Old April 27th 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Radio Bulgaria QSL?

On Apr 27, 12:51*pm, SC Dxing wrote:
Bruce,

The idea of course is to get people to actually listen to their
programming on a regular basis. As others have said, more than likely,
their real listening audience in North America is probably under 10.
Still wouldn't hurt to send a QSL request along with a few bucks to
help with postage and handling and see what happens.

Thanks - Yeah, that's what I did. I actually rather enjoy listening
to some stations once or twice a fortnight (RNZI gets my ear at least
a couple times a week and I like both R. Prague and R. Romania I.),
but when the audio is so bad, what's the point?

I wish the USPS still sold IRCs. I'd be happy to send them a couple
of those each time. I have no idea how these different countries
handle Yankee bucks...

Of course, back in the Cold War days, getting a response was *easy* -
I got not only a QSL but also a pennant, a schedule, and about twenty
pounds of glossy propaganda magazines in brown kraft paper wrappers to
boot! Man, those things smelled funny...probably be classified as
hazmat these days...

Bruce