Old April 28th 10, 01:06 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
gwatts[_2_] gwatts[_2_] is offline

Default Need info on IC-900A

On 4/27/2010 8:39 PM, Hunchy wrote:
Possibly the wrong forum, but please bear with me:

My Icom IC-900A (UHF Module) will receive up to about 456 MHz, but no
higher. I'm wondering if there is a mod out there which will enable receive
up to 461 Mhz. Does the VCO stop at such a high freq? The specs say max
rcv is 450, but I'm trying to stretch it a bit.

If convenient, please respond to: oildale69 at juno dot com

Thanks

Go to www.mods.dk

You'll need to create an account (free), then you can get one mod per
day, one manual every four days. You can contribute and get more sooner.

There is a mod for expanding the IC-900 UHF frequency coverage, you
remove diode D25 at position 3-B in the diode matrix. Get the mod for
more details.

-W8LNA