Old April 28th 10, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default Diversity antennas

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

A link to the Wikipedia page would probably have been sufficient:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diversity_scheme
The problem is that NONE of the diversity schemes mentioned in the
Wikipedia article apply to the single antenna example under
discussion. In my never humble opinion, there's no way to provide any
form of diversity reception improvement with a single antenna, unless
one also has two feeds, going to two different receivers, and ending
in either a decision switch, or some form of intelligent combiner.

Trying to wrap my mind around this...

I wouldn't know how splitting the signal to two receivers would work.
The issue arises at the antenna doesn't it?

Indeed, if a single wire antenna would work for diversity reception,
wouldn't it then follow that you would not have to use diversity
reception? The signal would already be there for you.

Seems like a simple test could answer this one.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -