Old April 28th 10, 09:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Diversity antennas

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 14:53:09 -0400, Michael Coslo
wrote:

I wouldn't know how splitting the signal to two receivers would work.
The issue arises at the antenna doesn't it?

Ah! The nut of the problem.

To my knowledge, diversity forces you to find the signal elsewhere,
not in the same spot because it isn't there anymore, or at least not
in the same polarization. This last diversity (polarization) is but
one of many. It may be solved at the antenna that features multiple
polarization capability - here Tom's ramble throws EZNEC against the
wall to see what sticks, and he introduces new issues that distract.

There is space diversity, time diversity, phase diversity, frequency
diversity (and there are more if we consider more modulations) and all
we get is the all encompassing "diversity" being hung out to dry.

The distractions that I see discussed are problems of combining
signal, not in finding signal. Interesting problem there, but hardly
something noted to being an issue with an antenna. Someone will
correct my misapprehension in this thread if there is one.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC