Old April 29th 10, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Kcibo kk-s500 tunes down to 0/zero Khz

On Apr 29, 2:24*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On Apr 29, 1:27*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
user wrote:

For the sync detection part of the radio: seems to be Ok, and better than my
old 2010D, which is unstable...

My 2010's sync-det was quite unstable, after you had to trick tune it
to the desirable sideband in the first place.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

I guess it did not have a passband control on it?

The 2010 had a wide - narrow selector but no shift.

I have an R75 that has ordinary synch-det (Kiwa modified to make the
darn thing work), and using this plus passband is a mighty good
combination. *Pretty much rock-solid.

Even as flaky as the early Sony behaved,
the synch-det, (my first experience with one)
left me so impressed that it's become a litmus.

The synch-det on the E1 has either sideband as well as DSB selectable,
and with the passband shift can do wonders in a crowded band.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

I'll bet - you like the E1?