Old May 1st 10, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default What exactly is radio

Uzytkownik napisal w wiadomosci
On Apr 30, 5:14 am, "Peter" wrote:
I'm preparing an article for a local radio club magazine about the nature
of

radio and electromagnetic radiation in general. While this is a non
mathematical and general descriptive treatment of the subject it is a
challenge to make it clear and consistent.
I know this group has some expertise on this subject and would appreciate
any constructive comment and suggestions regarding the attached article.

http://members.optushome.com.au/vk6ysf/vk6ysf/radio.htm

Thank you for your time.

Regards Peter VK6YSF

Albert Einstein is frequently quoted saying: "The wireless telegraph

is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very
long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles.

Here is the drawing of the cat:
http://library.thinkquest.org/18160/electriceasy.htm

The wireless is the same, only without the cat."

There is a small difference. If instant of the cat (wire) is an insulator
(aether) in it flows the displacement current. The current is strong when
the capacitance and the frequency is big. It is easy to achive the huge
frequency but for this you must use the modulation.
S*