Old May 2nd 10, 11:46 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur
dave dave is offline

Default antenna ideas (on pickup

ja moran wrote:
I drive a F-150 and have several radios

In my 1988 F-150, I had 4 antennas mounted permanently (through hole in
roof) in a line don the center of the cab. I would hit the beams in
garages and it was difficult to park some places

Now, I have 3 magnetic antennas, I can take the antennas down if I go
through a car wash

If you have a truck and radio equipment, how do you mount you antennas ??

Am considering adding a roll bar to the front part of the bed right
behind the cab. I will have the roll bar be slightly below the roof line
and able to pivot should I need to go in a parking structure or car wash

JOHN

I have one 2 M/440 antenna. It can be bent over when required. It is
on a bike rack clamped to luggage racks.