Old May 5th 10, 08:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Drifter Drifter is offline

Default 4835 at 0130 UTC

On 5/5/2010 1:23 PM, Gregg wrote:
On May 5, 11:08 am, wrote:
On 5/4/2010 9:41 PM, Gregg wrote:

Why in the heck is that noise? Anyone else copying that? I even tried
to see if by switching to CW if it'd change it up....basically sounds
the same. A pulsing type of noise. I can't remember hearing that type
of sound on 60 meters - though I may have and don't remember. Anyone?

Gregg. could be OTH china radar. here's a page with just about any
sound you can find on a receiver. try and make a match.

http://www.kb9ukd.com/digital/

good luck.
Drifter...

Thanks for the cool link. I listened to all the ones except for the
scanner type freqs and didn't here nothing close to it. Here is the
perfect example of that sound, it sounded like someone spitting a big
mouthful of dip. I'll more than likely check for it later, I've heard
radar and different digitals on 60 meters and right below it but never
that.

Big mouth full of dip, that's funny. Could it be just a different type
of jamming? If you keep up with Glenns DXLD, (listening digest), he
covers a lot of strange stuff, including jamming on his weekly listing.

www.worldofradio.com

scroll down to "latest listening digest". He also has a group on Yahoo
"DXLD", if you happen to belong to yahoo. I get a kick out of Glenn and
his battle with Radio Havana and China. Really cool guy. Good luck with
this, sometimes thing's like this drive me nuts trying to figure out
what the heck it is.

Drifter...