Old May 8th 10, 04:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Irv Finkleman Irv Finkleman is offline

Default Pondering a more effective HT Antenna?

There are others on the group who can get into the technical side of
things -- I just thought I'd tell you what I'd use in the bush, or anywhere
else for that matter. Make up a twin lead J-pole -- its flexible and you can
hang it from almost anything. If you Google J-pole you'll find a hundred
different designs, but electrically they are all the same thing. The
twin-lead version can be hung anywhere from a string, and then
rolls up and fits in your pocket when you're done. If you want you
can hang it on a stick or twig tied to your backpack! A very
easy to make, versatile, and effective antenna! It's the only
one you'll ever really need!

Irv VE6BP

"James186282" wrote in message
In my mind I would simply like an antenna that was effective but flexable.
Length is not "critical" as I plan to hang it up high on an LB harness.
The idea is a rough and tumble antenna that can work in the woods on a
Search and Rescue mission but will give me the very best range out (not so
much up/dn)