Old May 8th 10, 01:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
K1TTT K1TTT is offline

Default What exactly is radio

On May 7, 8:26*am, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:
I did it. Radio waves and sound waves have the same directional patterns for
the same numbers, configurations (and phases).
The two waves emitted from the dipole (ACOUSTIC OR ELECTRIC) are
"polarized". You can experimentally determine the plane in which the dipole
is.

The same is with more sources.
S*

they may have the same patterns for some cases, that is why they are
used in lower grades, to keep the explanations of waves simple for
those who don't have the mathematical background to understand the
full detail of it. but pattern does not show polarization. by
matching an interference pattern you are not showing how a wave is
polarized, only that superposition principles work for both types of
waves. show me an experiment where a sound wave is polarized, that
one i would like to see. you might want to start with a couple of
these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave
http://universe-review.ca/R12-03-wave.htm
http://www.answers.com/topic/polarization-of-waves