Old May 9th 10, 11:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default What exactly is radio

"K1TTT" wrote
On May 8, 7:19 pm, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:

You assume that radio wave is transversal. Such are polarised. But such
are

only in Maxwell's Hypothesis.

Radio waves from the ends of the dipole are coupled. The both are in one

plane.

Radio wave from one end is spherical.

only that superposition principles work for both types of

waves. show me an experiment where a sound wave is polarized,

Sound wave is not polarised. Sound waves from "dipole" is.

that one i would like to see.

you might want to start with a couple of

these:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavehtt...rial_files/Web...

In above no directional pattern for sound dipoles.

"Polarized" means directional. Are all radio waves directional?

S*

this discussion is worthless until you go back to school and learn the

basics.

In textbooks must be all theories.
In one chapter light (and radio waves) is like photons, in the next chapter
like EM waves and in next like acoustics.

EM is the only example of transversal waves. So it must be in teaching
program.

But we try to help Peter. He wrote: "I begin to appreciate a comment made by
a fellow radio amateur and
technician that antenna theory was 15% science and 85% black magic! "

It seems that you are sure that radio waves are transversal. It is
impossible to help you (Maxwell was full of doubts).
May be that somebody consider the Acoustic analogy and the black magic
disappear for him.
S*