Old May 9th 10, 07:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Ferrell[_2_] John Ferrell[_2_] is offline

Default Variable Geometry Antenna

I have been thinking about the SteppIR Antennas. There is no way I
will ever justify the money for one. Has anyone pondered the problems
from a HomeBrew stand point. It seems to me that the first challenge
is to couple the radiator to the feed line. The rest is simply (maybe
simply is not the right word...) mechanics.

Whatever form the radiator takes it needs to be wound on a spool like
mechanism.

Google does show some hits...
John Ferrell W8CCW