Old May 10th 10, 09:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default DX, RF radiation efficiency, and Orgonite

On Sat, 08 May 2010 09:36:14 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

Orgonite stones are apparently made by encapsulating quartz crystals
or amorphous quartz in casting resin, resulting the required RF
neutralizing strange shapes.

This is a looooooong way away from the Orgone that Orson Bean went
gaga over on TV (something that somehow skirted censoring):
http://www.educationrevolution.org/orgone.html

I forget where I saw him make his pitch - must have been to a
thunderstruck Johnny Carson.

To cut to the chase, Orson made claims of something absolutely
miraculous that happened to him in the orgone box:
"The box was a closet-size container made of sheet metal and Celotex.
It was said to gather 'orgone energy' from the cosmos and transmit it,
with beneficial psychological effects, to anyone who sat inside."

Read mo
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...#ixzz0nVnIU7RD

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC