Old December 14th 03, 02:10 AM
Rich Grise

I remember as WN0GJS tuning the pi-net output to a piece of
300-ohm twin-lead thru a PL-259!

So make a little amp. with a pi output, tune it up, and
measure the components.

Since I learned this kind of stuff only in the school
of hard-knox, I refer to it as the "empirical" method. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Paul Burridge wrote:

I'm simply trying to establish the radiation resistance of a non-ideal
antenna so I can reasonably match it to the output impedance of the
transmitter PA stage. The figure is likely to be very low, given that
this antenna is highly non-ideal. I'm not interested in plotting polar
patterns of the radiation distribution!
--

"I expect history will be kind to me, since I intend to write it."
- Winston Churchill