Old May 11th 10, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
[email protected] hallicrafter@collins.net is offline

Default XU7ACY Cambodia

On Tue, 11 May 2010 07:37:27 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen
wrote:

On May 11, 6:06*am, dave wrote:
wrote:
Amateur station XU7ACY - Sihanoukville, Cambodia was putting a good
signal into Michigan this morning on 14.181MHz around 1315UT.

Nice catch. *Are you going to QSL?

That was my question too, Jim - when you get these nice catches, do
you usually QSL them?

If I have not contacted them before, I do. Right now I have 2 cards
into Thailand, 1 into Hong Kong, 1 into Indonesia. I will let you know
if I get anything back.

Japan is best for QSL'ing. I have received many cards from hams there.
They spend the most money on QSL cards too. They send cards with
pictures of their girlfriends, cars, motorcycles.

I have tried a couple of hams - one from the Slovak Republic, one form
the Canary Islands during the contests in March - so far, no replies.
I even sent them return postage and envelopes...we'll see :-)

Bruce

The XU7ACY is a contest station meaning he rents it out to other hams.
I think it was the station owner who was on that day. You see it
listed in the DX cluster as Kampuchea. This is the first time I have
actually heard him. Once the solar flux increases, this will be a good
target.

Oh yeah. Also waiting for a card from St. Helena Island. On the slow
boat from the South Atlantic....

Jim