Old May 12th 10, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Syfo-Dyas[_2_] Syfo-Dyas[_2_] is offline

Default A BLAST FROM THE PAST

On Wed, 05 May 2010 17:37:33 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 4 May 2010 23:36:33 +0100, Rusty Ranger
wrote:

Hi all! Ive got a Realistic Navaho TRC-492 that I inherited from my
grand father but the speaker keeps cutting out. I have to tap the unit
and it`ll come back on, tap it again and it cuts out. Ive pulled the
whole radio apart but cant find any loose or burned connections, Can
any one help?

Try the headphone or external speaker jack. Put a insulated probe
into the jack/s and see if moving the internal contacts of the jack
will have any effect on the speaker.

Now that is a blast from the past.... Enjoyed all the antenna and SWR
stuff we used to talk about in the 90's. Especially all the tests you
did on certain mobile antennas. Boy the good ole days.... when we
talked and argued CB ONLY!!!