Old May 12th 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Chesterfield Island

On May 12, 5:28*am, dave wrote:
0529 12may2010 14070 KHz 34.4, -118.4

Elecraft K3 with GAP vertical dipole.

Automatically logged by fldigi.

6,318 miles

Sounds great! Too easy maybe? but great nonetheless.

In amateur astronomy, we have two kinds of observers -

Those who use a PC "go-to" to find and locate every faint galaxy to
look at - and then sometimes they can see it and sometimes not,
because they do not train themselves to hunt and then locate and
observe; and

Those who do it the old fashioned way by using star charts and the
Mark I eyeball method - and then usually they see it. It takes
longer, but we usually bag our quarry, and the reward tastes just a
bit sweeter...

I am not sure if this applies to what you're doing or not - but I
surely enjoy the hunt and identification.

Bruce