Old May 15th 10, 01:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default 729 AM @ 2245

wrote:

On Wed, 12 May 2010 16:00:57 -0700 (PDT), Gregg
wrote:

Thought I would tune around in nine increments to see if I could hear
something. I have nothing on 710 or 730 right now so it has to be
transantlantic - would that be coorect?

The only thing I can find is this
http://www2b.abc.net.au/reception/fr...nsmissionid=58

I'm going to keep it here for a while to see if it fades away or gets
better. They were playing music about ten minutes ago and now there is
talking and I as I type - back to the music but just not quite audible
enough to make it out.:-I

Last night I did some mw listening.
WOR was on 710. CFZM Toronto is on 740.
730 had a country music station I could not ID.
Also on 730 a French station and from time to time a Spanish station
would fade in. Will listen to this frequency a bit more tonight.

Using a 3 ft box loop (home brew) facing N-S in SE Michigan. Any ideas
on the 730 country music station?

At 0030 I'm starting to pick up traces of country music on 730. About a half hour
earlier I had 740 Toronto in. I'm using the 200' W-E wire on 730, but at that frequency
I'm not about to trust it's directionality.

I'd have to wait a bit before I could use the SR II, and not certain I'll stay up that
late. SS is around 9 PM EDT here.

dxAce
Michigan
USA