Old May 17th 10, 03:41 AM posted to alt.video.digital-tv,rec.radio.shortwave
TJ[_4_] TJ[_4_] is offline

Default Police to help with DTV Switchover

On 05/16/2010 10:39 PM, TJ wrote:
On 05/16/2010 05:15 PM, Sal M. Onella wrote:
On May 1, 12:15 pm, wrote:
On 05/01/2010 02:45 PM, You wrote:

Local Law (I learned later) heard the Squelch Tail, and decided that I
was a nefarious BadGuy, with a Cop Radio in my Truck, and decided to
pull me over. He asked for my Drivers License and Registration, which I
produced, and then went back to his car, and radio'd it in to his HQ.
After sitting there about 20 minutes I got out and walked back to his
car, wanting to ask what the deal was.

That little action was just *asking* for trouble. You were stupid, plain
and simple. When stopped by a police officer you *never* get out of the
vehicle unless instructed to do so. Had you been carrying something that
could have looked even remotely like a weapon, you could have been shot,
and the cop would have been justified in doing so.

TJ

Why call him stupid? There's no call for that kind of snap judgment.
He may be a better learner than you and know more than you. Overall, I
found his post quite interesting.

You're right, I should call him stupid. I don't have any information on
his IQ. His judgment, however, is something else again. However
non-stupid he may be, he did a very stupid thing, nonetheless.

TJ

Dang. That should have been "I shouldn't call him stupid." Looks like he
isn't the only one that makes stupid mistakes.

TJ
--
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.