Old May 19th 10, 08:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default What exactly is radio

"K1TTT" wrote
On May 16, 4:41 pm, "Szczepan Białek" wrote:

"As the electrons are undergoing acceleration they radiate
electromagnetic

energy in their flight direction, and as they interact with the light
already emitted, photons along its line are emitted in phase, resulting in
"laser-like" monocromatic and coherent beam. The mirrors show in the
sketch
below are superfluous, as all the light is emitted in one direction
anyway."
From:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halbach_array

So we have the light like the radio waves: Monocromatic and coherent. But
it
is not from plain lasers.
S*

nothing is perfect. even radio waves are not perfectly monochromatic

and hence not perfectly coherent either. but they are close enough
that we can tell they are the same phenomenon, they are all
electromagnetic waves and obey the same laws.

Nobody know what the EM waves are. See what Maxwell wrote: "I propose now
to examine magnetic phenomena from a mecha nical point of view, and to
determine what tensions in, or motions of, a medium are capable of producing
the mechanical pheno mena observed. If, by the same hypothesis, we can
connect the phenomena of magnetic attraction with electromagnetic phe nomena
and with those of induced currents, we shall have found a theory which, if
not true, can only be proved to be erroneous by experiments which will
greatly enlarge our knowledge of this part of physics. " From:
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/On_Phy...Lines_of_Force

Our knowledge is enlarged enough to say:
Now we can tell that light. radio waves and sound are the same phenomenon
and obey the same laws.
S*