Old May 20th 10, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Computer model experiment

On May 10, 12:35*pm, Art Unwin wrote:
I just completed a experiment with my antenna optimizer program where
I had a dipole in free space and where I increased the diameter until
it was close to.003 ohms resistive
What this means is the current flow is right at the surface where
there is no skin depth
penetration involved and thus close to zero material resistance. This
means that the total resistance is the radiation resistance of the
surface encapsulating particles. The radiation was 35 db in a shape
close to that of a sphere. (when the resistance of the aluminum dipole
went to zero the radiation went to a perfect sphere) Efficiency was
stated at 100% efficient pointing to 100% accountability for all
forces involved and where losses were at a minimum.
Regards
Art

Extra information
When resonant at 50 ohms resistive the donut shape was evident and
provided by two vortices.
As the resonant value dropped so did the depth of the two vortices
At 5 ohms resistive the vortice depth really started to reduce in
depth.In other words as the vortice reduced so did the skin depth and
where the reduction in vortice volume was taken up by radiation. When
the resonant point was brought to a fraction of an ohm the vortices
had virtually disappeared and the radiation increased such that the
total radiation became a sphere which equated to a maximum radiation
value. Dropping the resonant value below zero ohms removed the
radiation pattern from its normal progression.
This would infer that zero displacement current was generated which
means that particles were only elevated and not projected or
accelerated in any particular direction which thus permits a sphere of
radiation, contrary to that where particles were accelerated in any
particular direction. Note that it is the intersection of two fields
that created acceleration and direction as shown on my antenna page
and with direction the donut shape is retained. Thus this line of
logic supports the idea of a spherical radiation pattern as, with the
absence of resistance so goes the absence of eddy or displacement
current.