Old May 21st 10, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Computer model experiment

On May 20, 6:54*pm, tom wrote:
On 5/19/2010 11:45 PM, Art Unwin wrote:

Wow! *I'd really like to see this vortex, sorry these vortices, that you
have produced.

Is the rotation right or left handed?

This is REALLY COOL!

Please post the file and which optimizer software that you are using.

Thanks!

tom
K0TAR

The presence of these vortices are used to determine imperfections in
materials during manufacturing processes. Removing the presence of
such is the primary reason for laminations instead of solids in the
manufacture of transformers.I am surprised that you are not familiar
with the concept of skin depth when at the same time you consider
yourself as an expert with respect to antennas. The antenna program I
use is
AO Pro purely because it has an optimizer to ensure Maxwell's
equations are adhered to as well as accountability for all vectors
involved. Planar devices are quite efficient such as the Yagi but
planar devices are not in equilibrium which is a requirement of
Maxwell's equations! I imagine that with any program you could fiddle
with a dipole
construction such that it was resonant at a very low impedance to
obtain a progression for radiation
pattern /volume versus impedance if it does not posses optimization
abilities. The free EZNEC program probably will be good enough.
As far as vortices are concerned the same two vectors used with
antennas are also evident with the Earth's weather system. For
instance, a tornado
or a whirlpool presents a vortice by virtue of the intersection of two
vectors involved. Remove one intersecting vector and the vortice
disappears. This is an example of what Einstein saw with respect to
his leanings on the unified theory.

Oh that's right, I forgot. *You use my god child. *I asked Brian to do
that program for 2 or 3 years before he finally did. *I was the alpha
tester on it and other of his programs.

You do know that's just MiniNEC, right? *With all the problems MiniNEC
has included for your computing pleasure.

It's off frequency - low. *And it gets worse as the wire diameter
INCREASES. *Which is what you are doing in your example.

It also doesn't like bent wires, as in things that don't meet at 180
degrees. *It breaks down completely at less than 28 degrees.

It doesn't like adjacent segments that are in a ratio greater than 2 to 1..

And it doesn't like adjacent wires that are closer than .23 of a segment
length.

Given some of the things you have posted that you have modeled, I'd
guess that you break a minimum of 1, normally 2, and sometimes 3 of the
above conditions.

No wonder your stuff acts abnormal.

And you are using this tool to attempt to prove your twisted theories
about Maxwell's equations? *That's like using a chain saw to do brain
surgery.

tom
K0TAR

All very interesting Tom but frankly you lack credibility. As with
other posts of yours you do not provide specifics and more than often
express opinions. I personally am as pleased as punch in what I
purchased from Brian and I certainly do not believe he would foist on
the ham community anything but his best. Knowing that he is not
exactly a peoples person I suspect he would not shy from a clash with
you when you distribute your personal opinions. So I can imagine why
such a person like you would jump at the chance to savage another's
personality. For my part I use the program strictly for his adherence
to Maxwell's equations which is the approach that I take. This allows
for an over check most times when ensuring
that arrays proffered meet the condition of equilibrium of each part
and all of the provided
array. I doubt very much you would have strayed beyond the Yagi and
other planar designs when testing, but then you are not short of
claiming anything that may boost your position in life.
Thanks for your operative points offered and I will certainly consider
them within the specific technical confines which you so gently
provided.
Regards
Art