Old May 23rd 10, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Art Unwin Art Unwin is offline

Default Computer model experiment

On May 23, 11:02*am, Richard Fry wrote:
On May 21, 3:55*am, Roy Lewallen wrote:

So what should we expect the gain of a very short dipole
*to be if we could make one with no (resistive) loss?

An "infinitesimal," center-fed, linear dipole has a peak directivity/
gain of 1.5, or 1.76 dBi. *Getting any r-f energy to flow on it takes
some real heroics, *though.

RF

I don't think a pursuit of destroying Ohms laws is going to prove
anything.Preservation of time is a must with respect to accelleration
of charge. Would it not be better to operate within Ohms law with a
dipole of "near" zero resistance and then apply a time varying current
from one resonant frequency to another.You then obtain a trend of the
change in volume of radiation. I suspect that the maximum radiation
volume could be reached prior to zero impedance dependent on the
particle transfer and replacement time. Working within existing laws
and environments narrows the variables and narrows the scope of the
eventual debate around the findings. The subject is determination of
maximum volume of radiation which has nothing to do with "gain" using
existing definitions.I see nothing unreasonable in using a computer
program to extract data provided by changes of applied frequency.