Old May 24th 10, 05:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bill Baka Bill Baka is offline

Default Computer model experiment

On 05/23/2010 03:09 PM, Art Unwin wrote:
On May 23, 4:45 pm, wrote:
Art Unwin wrote:
On May 23, 1:15 pm, wrote:
On May 23, 6:01 pm, "Szczepan wrote:

Electrons are detectable and have mass.
ah yes, that ugly little thing called mass... because electrons have
mass they can not travel at c, therefore they can not be the carriers
of electromagnetic radiation. also, it is well known that photons
have no rest mass and no charge, both of which disqualify the electron
also. you should really talk to art, he is much closer with his
magical levitating diamagnetic neutrino.

Can I rain on your parade? Light is just super high frequency RF. There
is no such thing as a photon but scientists still use that to explain
things in human terms for the unknowing masses. The best way I can
describe a photon is that it is one wavelength of light at any given
wavelength or frequency if you will. If a star or even our own sun gave
off photons at the rate of burn then it would very soon be an ex-star.
There are very few people who can think at the needed level for this
kind of thing, so let the argument continue. Really silly thinking that
there are red photons, green, yellow, etc.

Oh my. ! The above is the silliest thing I have heard in a long while,
but I am very glad you presented it
as an example of your private analysis. It shows that tho free speech
is viable what is contained in the enunciation is not necessarily
anything other than trash. And I just love that position of yours
"it is 'well known' that photons have no rest mass and no charge".
Don't you have to repeat that a 1000 times before it can be considered
true?

Art,

Please enlighten us.

What is the mass of a proton at rest?

Please quantify the charge of a photon.

Joe, I have not seen a description of a photon and I believe a sample
is yet to be maintained.
Possibly the accelleration of a neutrinos and the resulting collision
will separated the charge from the neutron so one can see if it is
accompanied by a morsel of mass. I say that because as the neutrinos
is the smallest mass known which leads to the maximum speed of light.
Thus collision should not be able to separate the neutrino alone and
only separate attatchments.
But my readings on the subject is some what limited.