Old May 24th 10, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default new question (from "system degradation question")

On May 24, 12:02*am, "rb" wrote:
I'll be using 100 watts SSB/CW, and have about 75' of twinlead up to
antnenna feedpoint.

You've got me going to do the "system degradation question": * I'll run
twinlead to the shack, in spite of the file cabinet.

Now, yes--I can do just fine manually changing my antenna from ladderline
fed to putting it on 160 by jumping both ends together and letting it work
against ground. * Long counterpoise in place. *Then, putting it back as
twinlead dipole on 80m up.

What's the new question? * *I normally would go from 160m up through 15m.
If I just used the jump both ends together and feed long wire, which ant
will be better?

Basically, it's whether a long hat vertical would be as good as using my
twinlead as dipole on bands including 80m and up.

I can certainly keep the antenna twinlead fed dipole, no problem. * *Just
curious.

On most bands it will operate the best fed normally as a dipole.