Old May 24th 10, 09:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Szczepan Bialek Szczepan Bialek is offline

Default Computer model experiment

Uzytkownik "Art Unwin" napisal w wiadomosci
On May 23, 4:34 am, "Szczepan Bialek" wrote:

Take a glance at:http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/On_Phy...Lines_of_Force

And tell us what is your opinion on Maxwell's model of the aether..

S*

Hi Mister S

Thank you for supplying reference for the article in the phylisophical
journal. Most of it is beyond my intellect

Do not worry. Maxwell is an excellent writter and his English also.
Everything is wrote in English and next in Math. The math is to calculate.
We do not calculate enything.

but a quick review show that the tenents of his explanation

are based first on the requirement of equilibrium
That particles is the center of discussion
That vortices are present to provide a displacement force
And the connection between electrostatic and light
functions. Nowhere do I see reference to Gauss law of statics and the
progression to a dynamic field

Maxwell described the rotational oscillations.
Gauss dynamic field is simply the longitudinal oscillations (like sound).

which makes

his paper some what astounding for him to come up with this paper
without these clues that have been hidden for so long. I intend to get
a print out of all four portions of this paper in the hope I can
cherry pick some portions that I can understand from the paper. As
always one of the most important things are the responses from his
peers which
usually are accompanied by science analysis rather than relyinging on
base intuitions without supporting facts from the ham community.
Thanks again
Art

Nice reading.
S*