Old May 24th 10, 12:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Keith Dysart[_2_] Keith Dysart[_2_] is offline

Default W2DU's Reflections III is now available from CQ Communications,Inc.

On May 23, 4:31*am, Owen Duffy wrote:
Owen Duffy wrote in news:Xns9D81BC11E3183nonenowhere@
61.9.191.5:

"Sven Lundbech" wrote in
. dk:

As mentioned earlier, most of the stuff is old hat to me - but I
really look forward to dig into the chapters concerning tx output
impedance. A highly controversial subject for decades.

Here is a simple little test for the hypothesis that Zs=50+j0 that uses
equipment found in many if not most HF ham shacks.

Oh, the URL:http://vk1od.net/blog/?p=1028.
Owen

While the analysis of transmitter output impedance in Reflections is
flawed,
experiments (claimed to be repeatable) described in Reflections appear
support the conclusions of the flawed analysis.

It would be highly valuable if the results of these experiments could
be
explained in a manner that aligns with established understandings.

Such an explanation might start by describing the circuit conditions
that
result from following the manufacturer’s tuning procedures. After
all,
these usually depend on measuring currents and voltages so are only
indirectly related to power. Perhaps the resulting conditions are not
as they are usually assumed to be.

Try as I might, I have not been able to derive a mechanism to explain
the observations in Reflections. But the explanations offered in
Reflections require large chunks of linear circuit theory to be
discarded,
so this does not seem to be an appropriate path.

....Keith