Old May 24th 10, 08:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bill Baka Bill Baka is offline

Default Computer model experiment

On 05/24/2010 09:55 AM, Szczepan Bialek wrote:
"Cecil wrote
On May 23, 7:17 pm, Art wrote:
On May 23, 9:55 am, Cecil wrote:
eyes which evolved to detect photons, not electrons.

Where is that stated in print?

I did a Yahoo search for, "eye detection of photons", and got 705,007

hits. Here's one of them from the Kansas State University Physics
Dept.

http://web.phys.ksu.edu/vqmorig/tuto...20Photons.html

"It has been demonstrated that light-sensitive cells in our eye (rod

cells) are able to detect single photons."

But remember what Bill wrote: "There
is no such thing as a photon but scientists still use that to explain
things in human terms for the unknowing masses. The best way I can
describe a photon is that it is one wavelength of light at any given
wavelength or frequency if you will."

For light the photon has about 200 wavelength.
Radio wave "photon" is as long as transmitter works.
S*

I'll give you a partial agreement on this one. The rods in our eyes have
peak sensitivity at Yellow/green. There was a guy, a long time ago who
said he could detect a single photon in a very dark lab. So, if a photon
is anything anyhow a particle how could he see it since the equipment
was set up to radiate into a detector. It may not be in our lifetimes
that the true nature of light is discovered.
Bill Baka