Old May 24th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Steve Steve is offline

Default Repair or keep?

Bob,
It really depends on what you'd like to do. If you think you'd
like to get them going and use as a vintage station, its certainly
worth the time and effort to fix them up. personally I get a big
kick out of doing this. All the time I hear folks saying they wish
they had kept their old rigs. Plenty of help if you decide to
restore. As for value if you decide to sell, check out the
forums at QRZ.com or even fleabay.
Steve
"Robert Smits" wrote in message
I have some old Amateur Radio Equipment I'm trying to decide whether to
sell
, restore, or keep.

The stuff in question is a Johnson Viking Ranger Transmitter, the 160-10 M
version, including a Johnson TR switch, and a Hallicrafters SC-77A
Receiver.

I don't have a variac, so I have not fired any of them up, and I assume
all
will need new resistors and caps.

They're in reasonable cosmetic condition, but show signs of wear, and have
been sitting on the shelf for 10 years at least.

I'm looking for some advice on whether to restore them, and if I do where
can find electrolytics to replace existing ones.

If I decide I don't have the time, what would be a fair price to offer
them
for? and do you recommend any particular venue?

I'm on Vancouver Island in British Columbia Canada.

Bob, VE7HS