Old May 25th 10, 11:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Keith Dysart[_2_] Keith Dysart[_2_] is offline

Default W2DU's Reflections III is now available from CQCommunications,...

On May 25, 12:32*am, (Richard Harrison)
wrote:
Cecil Moore, W5DXP wrote:

"Seems to me, the highest efficiency would be achieved by a source with
zero source impedance."

Me too, but zero source impedance does not match the load as required
for maximum power transfer.

It seems to me that much too much is made of 'maximum power transfer'
in
the RF world. In the world of 50 and 60 Hz, where significantly more
energy is moved, 'maximum power transfer' is never mentioned.
Efficiency
is much more of interest.

For the most part, 'maximum power transfer' is just an interesting
ideosyncracy of linear circuit theory.

....Keith