Old May 25th 10, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Question about "Another look at reflections" article.

On May 24, 10:31*pm, lu6etj wrote:
Anyway, my question is about validity of the assertion that reflected
wave -in that example- IS ABSORBED by the pad. According to my simple
calculations this hipothesis, as I see it, it does not coincide with
my early learnings.

Miguel, let's switch your example over to an easier to understand
example. Assume an ideal signal generator equipped with a resistive
circulator load. Let's call such a device an SGCR, a Signal Generator
equipped with a Circulator and a Resistor. Assume that 100% of the
reflected energy is dissipated in the circulator load resistor (none
re-reflected) and none of the reflected energy reaches the source. So
here is the block diagram.

SGCR--------feedline--------load

That model should be easier to discuss than the pad attenuator model.
What do you think?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com