Old May 26th 10, 03:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
[email protected] nm5k@wt.net is offline

Default Computer model experiment

On May 25, 8:44*pm, tom wrote:
On 5/25/2010 5:02 PM, Roy Lewallen wrote:

Wow, I'm in awe of the great levels of genius represented here on this
humble forum! And if boys ever outgrew the "mine's bigger than yours"
compulsion, we never would have known -- or even suspected! Thanks so
much for sharing your IQs, whether known, suspected, or just claimed,
with us. You geniuses will be expected to provide brilliant insights
into those sticky problems which have eluded not only us, but also the
relatively pedestrian intellects of the likes of Termin, Maxwell, and
Kraus. Art has already shown the way and set the bar. Go for it!

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Thanks Roy. *About time someone made a comment. *I have been near
projectile you know what for a while. *I can claim a lot too. *Meaningless.

On the other hand you have produced verifiable product.

tom
K0TAR

IQ means little really. It's just a perceived level of aptitude.
An aptitude which is often wasted.. :/
I rarely bring it up myself, being as I consider it a fairly useless
measurement.
The only reason I did was to show that having a high IQ does not
mean you will automatically be gifted at whatever. :/
IE: I've been measured as having a fairly high IQ, but in this
newsgroup I would just rank as the typical ham as far as general
knowledge about things RF.
Many here would smoke me with little effort.. Not Art though..
I'm not really into hard core mathematical type problems.
In fact, I find them boring.. I tend to only learn about things that
actually interest me, or I have some specific need to know.
For instance, the main reason I study a bit of RF theory is not
to be a science whiz.. It's so I can have a decent antenna. :/
Some of the stuff Cecil ponders would bore me to tears..
Actually, if I have any special aptitude, it would probably be in
music, or art. And those traits kind of run in my family..
It sure isn't in science, although I've been into certain aspects
of science since I was a sprout. I started playing with radios
when I was 7 and got my first one for my birthday.
I was into astronomy quite a bit way back in a past life..