Old May 26th 10, 07:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Gregg Gregg is offline

Default FS: Sony ICF-6800W AM/FM/SW Radio exc. cond! (Orange Version)

On Apr 13, 11:06*am, "D. Peter Maus" wrote:
On 4/13/10 09:40 , sctvguy1 wrote:

bpnjensen wrote:

You could have mine. *For the price, I'd rather get an HQ-145, HQ-180
or Collins. *Big, ugly, and superb radios.

Bruce

I have a completely restored HQ-145. *Some say it is not the best HQ, and
certainly not the equal of the HQ-180, but on AMBCDX, it is superb!

* *I've got a BC-794 Super Pro, one of the progenitors of the SP
line. Amazing AMBCDX. And with the variable bandwidth IF, before
NRSC II, delicious audio. In fact, the audio stage was configured to
be used as a phono amplifier when not receiving.

* *HQ-145 is a bit more modern than my own, but equally
representative of the attention to quality that Hammarlund was known
for. *With that amazing sound.

* *And it will definitely keep the shack warm at night.

Peter, how often (hrs. in a week maybe) do you use that SP? Is the SP
line really the holy grail of the Hammarlunds in your opinion.
Inquiring minds want to know.:-)