Old May 27th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default W2DU's Reflections III is now available from CQ Communications,Inc.

On May 27, 4:23*am, Keith Dysart wrote:
If you are uninterested in source impedance (and many people seem
to be much more concerned with it than they need to be), then
by all means do not consider it, do not specify it, do not attempt
to compute it or measure it and do not make statements about what
the source impedance is.

The question then becomes: If the system box does not include the
source and the system exhibits characteristics consistent with a
conjugate match, can we say the system is conjugately matched? For
instance:

100V---50 ohm coax---+---1/4WL 300 ohm feedline---1800 ohm load

This system exhibits all the characteristics of a conjugately matched
system. Can we say it is conjugately matched?
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com