Old May 27th 10, 03:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Computer model experiment

On May 26, 6:52*pm, Art Unwin wrote:
I never heård it like thåt! So we åll cån now såy thåt pårticles ånd
not wåves åre the cårriers of communicåtion.?

Nope, what we can say is that waves and their associated particles are
dual manifestations of the same physical phenomena. There is no
difference between an EM wave and a photonic wave and individual
photons exhibit electromagnetic wave properties. What is important is
that one can double the energy magnitude by adding, in phase, one
photon to one photon. But one cannot halve the energy magnitude by
cutting a photon in half.

It is easy to identify individual photons in an EM wave, especially at
the higher (light+) frequencies. Not so easy is identifying individual
photons in the static magnetic field from a permanent magnet. :-o
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com