Old May 27th 10, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
bpnjensen bpnjensen is offline

Default Grove announces price for WR-G31DDC software defined receiver

On May 27, 1:45*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2010 12:31:22 -0700 (PDT), bpnjensen

wrote:
On May 27, 11:30*am, wrote:
Grove announces price and availability for WR-G31DDC "Excalibur"
software defined receiver:http://www.grove-ent.com/shortwavereceivers.html

The screengrab pictures are sure pretty. *Any idea how they satck up
against the comp?

I think it is trying to compete with the Perseus. Don't appear to be
any prototypes floating around. The earlier WR-G313e has lower dynamic
range but the numbers on this model look promising. Hopefully QST or
Sherwood Engineering will test one when they are in production and
verify the numbers.

I volunteer to test one!

Jim

As far as numbers go (at the Sherwood site), the Elecraft looks plenty
hard to beat. I wish they just made a stand-alone RX. I'd even buy
the kit, and hopefully not screw it up!