Old May 28th 10, 01:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Bob Smits Bob Smits is offline

Default Galvanized or Copper Gound Rods?

Hi, Folks.

Looking for some advice.

I want to create a grounded opening in the wall of my ham shack through
which I'll install each rf cable that enters the shack. I plan to bolt a
conductive plate to the wall ground that I'll fasten the ground side of each
coaxial cable to, then bolt a ground cable to each ground rod and the plate.

Is there a significant difference between using the galvanized steel ground
rods and copper to create an rf gound? The copper ones are more than double
the price - is it worth using them?

Thanks, Bob, VE7HS