Old May 28th 10, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
tom tom is offline

Default Gamma fed or folded dipoles?

On 5/27/2010 2:54 PM, jure wrote:
On 21 svi, 07:22, wrote:
I am going to build an array of 4 stacked dipoles for operation on 2 metres.
I would like to know whether the gamma fed dipole has any advantage over the
folded dipole, apart from the folded dipole being a tad more difficult to
make.

I have heard that the gamma fed dipole has a skewed radiation pattern in
comparison to the folded one.

Any thoughts and advice?
Many thanks
John
VK2KC

The folded dipole with 1:4 baloon is best solution for maching
yagis .

EME operators, who have the greatest need of pattern control, noise
temperature and efficiency, would not agree. They use the T match.

tom
K0TAR