Old May 29th 10, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Steve Steve is offline

Default FT-290R - LSB no output on any band?

I'd start by checking the mode switch and LSB
oscillator.
Steve
"Paul" wrote in message
Hello all,

Just bought an old Mk1 FT-s 290R. All is working well (even the back
light)! but when I switch from USB to LSB the background noise drops
on receive and no output is obtained into a dummy load or any movement
indicated on the rigs own meter?

I may delve in tonight and apply some switch cleaner just in case, any
one experienced anything similar I wonder?

Any help gratefully appreciated .

Thanks

Paul - g0VHT