Old May 29th 10, 08:59 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Frank Gilliland Frank Gilliland is offline

Default Hey Mope.....

Last week I picked up a '73 D200 Club Cab, 400/727/D60 (4.10). And
lots of rust, of course. Jillions of things to do on it, mostly
electrical cause it was used to drag a 5th wheel. But while messing
around I tried my test CB and got several pounds of noise. Changes
pitch with engine RPM. Don't know if it's the ignition module or the
external regulator. What has your experience with mopars taught you?
Scrap the retro-regulator and go with a GM/Ford alternator? I'm
installing a 130A 3G in the F-250 so I have a headstart on that one.
Or shield the ignition harness and plug wires? Or something else?