Old May 29th 10, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Somebody Somewhere Somebody Somewhere is offline

Default Receiver for ham and cw

On May 28, 11:32*am, notbob wrote:
I'm still studying for my ham license and still learning CW. *I
enjoyed the Grove website and am looking for a moderate priced
($100-200) receiver for tuning in CW signals. *I see many trick radios
in that price range. *Some with weather channels, which would be nice,
some with MW/LF besides SW. *Also, many claim SSB. *A question. *Does
shortwave pull in CW. *Seems to me it does. *I recall a old tube SW
radio I played around with as a kid. *Madly studying my band maps. *I
would like to pull in some CW signals to help learn.

Also, I need a radio that's pretty sensitive. *I'm waaaay out in the
boonies, the CO Rockies at 8K ft. *No problem putting up some sorta
rudimentary outside antenna (dipole, etc). *Any help appreciated while
I'm still learning all this new stuff. *

nb

If you're a beginner, listening to longwave beacons might help you
learn CW.